About the Event
FutureCon Events brings high-level Cyber Security Training discovering cutting-edge security approaches, managing risk in the ever-changing threat of the cybersecurity workforce.
Join us as we talk with a panel of C-level executives who have effectively mitigated the risk of Cyber Attacks.
Educating C-suite executives and CISOs (chief information security officers) on the global cybercrime epidemic, and how to build Cyber Resilient organizations.
“Cybersecurity is no longer just an IT problem”
Gain the latest knowledge you need to enable applications while keeping your computing environment secure from advanced Cyber Threats. Demo the newest technology, and interact with the world’s security leaders and gain other pressing topics of interest to the information security community.
The FutureCon community will keep you updated on the future of the Cyberworld and allow you to interact with your peers and the world’s security leaders.
For sponsorship opportunities email [email protected]
Art Thompson, the individual chiefly responsible for the remarkable turnaround of Detroit’s public safety technology infrastructure, is the City’s Chief Information Officer.
Thompson, a Detroit native, served as Director of Public Safety IT & Cyber Security. In that role, Thompson oversaw all technology for the City’s public safety departments, which includes Police, Fire, Homeland Security and Emergency Management. During his time as the CIO for public safety in Detroit, Thompson has led:
- Development and expansion of the city’s Real Time Crime Center
- The overhaul of police and fire vehicle technology to provide first responders with fast access to critical information
- The deployment of police body worn cameras across the entire department to document all citizen interactions, making Detroit the first major police agency in the nation to do so
- Installation of a network of illegal dumping cameras across the city, as well as a camera system to successfully ensure the security of ballots placed in ballot drop off boxes during the November 2020 election.
- Establishment of an alternative 911 Communications site to have a fully operational back up in the event the primary 911 center experiences an outage.
- Establishment of a City Cyber Security group, which has brought greater security to city data and computer systems to protect against viruses and cyber attacks.
Times are subject to change