About the Event
FutureCon Events brings high-level Cyber Security Training discovering cutting-edge security approaches, managing risk in the ever-changing threat of the cybersecurity workforce.
Join us as we talk with a panel of C-level executives who have effectively mitigated the risk of Cyber Attacks.
Educating C-suite executives and CISOs (chief information security officers) on the global cybercrime epidemic, and how to build Cyber Resilient organizations.
“Cybersecurity is no longer just an IT problem”
Gain the latest knowledge you need to enable applications while keeping your computing environment secure from advanced Cyber Threats. Demo the newest technology, and interact with the world’s security leaders and gain other pressing topics of interest to the information security community.
The FutureCon community will keep you updated on the future of the Cyberworld and allow you to interact with your peers and the world’s security leaders.
For sponsorship opportunities email firstname.lastname@example.org
* Internationally recognized cybersecurity leader, technologist, keynote speaker, blogger and author.
* As field chief information security officer (CISO) for public sector at Presidio, Dan is a trusted advisor for government clients – bringing industry best-practice solutions.
* Co-author ‘Cyber Mayday and the Day After: A Leader’s Guide to Preparing, Managing and Recovering from Inevitable Business Disruptions.’ Amazon best-seller in information management. Book offers true ransomware stories, check lists and best practices – vital for business leaders. Author of two other books, contributor to five more.
* Led Michigan government’s cybersecurity and technology infrastructure teams from 2002-2014.
* SC Magazine CSO of the Year, Governing Magazine Public Official of the Year and Computerworld Premier 100 Leader.
* Trusted source for government cybersecurity counsel. Advised leaders at the White House, National Governor’s Association (NGA), National Association of State CIOs (NASCIO), U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), federal, state and local gov agencies, Fortune 500 companies.
* Globally recognized conference speaker on many IT and cyber topics, with keynote presentations from Moscow to South Africa to San Francisco to Wash D.C.
* Contributor for Government Technology Magazine, CSO Magazine, Computerworld, Huffington Post, Governing, Bloomberg, Forbes, PBS, Yahoo Finance, NY Mag, TechCrunch, Australian Cyber Security Magazine, Cyber Talk Africa and more. Appeared on CSPAN, national radio programs, global podcasts and webcasts and local news. Quoted by; Pew, AP, UK and Australian media, ++.
* Thought leadership in cybersecurity, homeland security, cloud computing, mobile computing, government relations, big data, science & technology, public/private IT partnerships, innovation, smart cities, Internet of Things.
* Currently or previously served on advisory boards on cybersecurity or Information Assurance (IA) programs at five universities. Public sector advisor to cyber companies. Former adjunct faculty at Norwich University and University of Maryland.
CISO/Industry Leader Panel
“Cybersecurity Leaders and Experts on Current Cyberthreats and Practices”
Premier Platinum Sponsors
Times are subject to change
Opening Introductions | Check In | Networking
Securing the User Edge
In today’s world of hybrid work, multicloud environments, and BYOD, employees are connecting to new and multiple types of endpoints. Meanwhile, the sophistication of cyber-attacks continues to rise, making it more difficult to ensure the security of all endpoints across your organization.
In this presentation, learn how to create a strategy to bridge the gap between end-users and their workspaces, apps, and data, while providing a secure endpoint and seamless user experience.
Building a Human-Based Defense Readiness Program
Humans, not technology, are the cornerstone of a robust cybersecurity strategy. But how do you ensure your team is capable of detecting and defending against an ever-changing threat landscape? In this session, learn what a human-based defense readiness program looks like, how to deploy it, and how it can reduce your organization’s cyber risk.
Securing Core Network Infrastructure (DNS, DHCP, IPAM)
Core network infrastructure depends on DNS, DHCP, and for organizations with more than a few hundred assets, IP address management. These are considered “plumbing” and don’t receive attention until they fail, when the network rebels and says “All Stop”. This session will cover briefly introduce foundational core infrastructure DNS, DHCP, and IPAM, provide a security focused checklist for each area to help organizations shore up these three key areas.
Zero Trust: Modern Security’s Remedy to Today’s Cybersecurity Challenges
Good security requires a defense-in-depth strategy. Ensuring user trust, password managers, MFA, EDR and SSO tools all work together in concert. But, human error is often the weakest link in the security chain, you must ensure that other layers are in place to close this final link in the chain and mitigate against all modern attacks.
This talk will share a practitioner’s hard won insight from real-world implementations at two Fortune 500 enterprises and the journey those companies are on. We will share the vision that led these organizations down the path of a defense-in-depth strategy that included Zero Trust and Security Services Edge (SSE).
"Cyber Predictions For 2023 and Beyond - What Are They and How Can You Benefit"
See how we were able to help a customer recover from a Ransomware attack and what you can do to enhance your current programs around preparing, monitoring, and responding to attacks in your environment.
Leading the Next Era in Data Security & Management
With ransomware attacks becoming more frequent than ever before and it not being a matter of if but when, data management and security should be at the forefront of every business today. In this session, we will highlight the necessity of being able to detect, protect and rapidly recover from ransomware attacks, the importance of having a strong ecosystem of alliance partners by your side and asking those challenging questions to ensure you have the best plan for keeping your data and company secure.
The (hard) key to stop phishing: How Cloudflare stopped a targeted attack and you can too
In July, Cloudflare was targeted in a sophisticated SMS phishing scheme in a way that most organizations would be likely to be breached. In this session we’ll detail the recent targeted phishing attack we saw at Cloudflare and more importantly, how we stopped it and steps you can take to protect your organization as well. We’ll cover topics like: why not all MFA is created equally, the role of Zero trust network access in rolling out strong authentication, and the importance of a blame-free culture around security.
7 Habits of Highly Effective Security Teams.
We hear a lot about data breaches, but we rarely get a behind the scenes look at what happened and how we can learn from those attacks to form good habits around operating cybersecurity. Join Lumu as they dive into stories from 5 CISOs who experienced some of the most devastating data breaches and how these lessons can be applied to improve your cybersecurity operation.
“Cybersecurity Leaders and Experts on Current Cyberthreats and Practices”
Cybersecurity Leaders and Experts on Current Cyberthreats and Practices